Stella’s Chicken Cutlets
Make this recipe with me on the Dishing up Durham show! Watch Season 1 - Episode 18.
Featuring: James Family Farm Pastured Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
2 cups grape tomatoes
1 James Family Farm (10 oz/295g) Pastured boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
canola oil for frying
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 bulb fennel, stalks removed and discarded, bulb thinly sliced
1 cup baby arugula
● Place a small skillet over high heat, add tomatoes, and cook until blistered and juices begin to release, then remove from heat and set aside.
● Cut chicken breast in half horizontally into two or three 1-inch-thick filets, then place between plastic wrap and gently pound out into 1/2-inch-thick cutlets and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
● Prepare a breading station with one bowl containing flour; one bowl containing eggs stirred together with Italian dressing and oregano; and last bowl containing bread crumbs, panko, Parmesan, and garlic salt.
● Working with one cutlet at a time, dredge first in flour (dust off excess), then into egg mixture, then into bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere crumbs to cutlet. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
● In a high sided skillet, add canola oil to a 1 ½-inch depth, set over high heat, add garlic clove, and heat until garlic has browned and is fragrant. Remove and discard garlic then, working in batches, fry cutlets until golden brown and internal temperature reads 165°F on an instant read thermometer, about 3 minutes per side.
● Toss reserved warm tomatoes with olive oil, fennel, and arugula, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve on top of cutlets.