Make this recipe with me on the Dishing up Durham show! Watch Season 1 - Episode 14.
Featuring: Tyrone Mills Ezekiel Flour
2 cups Tyrone Mills Ezekiel flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup plain 1%MF yogurt
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely grated
Handful of freshly chopped parsley, divided
● In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt, then add yogurt and stir until a shaggy dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead gently until smooth and slightly sticky, about 2 minutes. Cover dough in plastic wrap and rest for 15 minutes.
● Meanwhile, combine melted butter and garlic and set aside.
● Unwrap rested dough, transfer to a well floured work surface, divide into four equal pieces, and roll each piece out to a 1/4-inch-thick round.
● Brush a cast iron skillet with a ½ tbsp oil and set over high heat.
● Gently shake off any excess flour from one round of dough, place in skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface and char marks begin to form underneath, about 2 minutes. Flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer
naan to a plate, brush with a little melted garlic butter and sprinkle with a little parsley and cover with a tea towel to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining oil, dough, garlic butter and parsley.
Makes 4 large Naan