Ezekiel Sourdough Pizza Dough
Featuring: Pingle’s Farm Market Fresh Sourdough Starter + Tyrone Mills Bread Flour and Ezekiel Flour
100g Pingle’s Farm Market Fresh Sourdough Starter
128g Tyrone Mills Bread Flour
128g Tyrone Mills Ezekiel Flour
Semolina flour, for rolling out dough
● Place starter, salt and water in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add flours and, using a wooden spoon, stir until a dough forms, then cover with a damp towel and let rest 30 minutes.
● With wet hands, gently bring the edges of the rested dough up and over itself into the center in quarter turns. Repeat process 7 more times, then cover with damp towel and let dough rest for 30 minutes.
● Repeat folding process again, then cover bowl with a damp towel and leave to rest overnight.
● Divide rested dough into two equal portions, form into balls and coat in semolina, then place on a semolina-dusted sheet pan, cover with a damp towel, and set aside until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
● Meanwhile, place a cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to the highest setting.
● Generously flour work surface with semolina flour, then working with one ball of dough at a time, gently push out with fingertips into a 9-inch round. Carefully remove cast iron skillet from the oven, place dough round in skillet, top with desired sauce and toppings, and bake until dough is crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining ball of dough.
Makes 2 pizzas