Curried Squash & Black Bean Pot Pie
Featuring: Nostalgica Gluten-Free Mini Panini Mix
1 package Nostalgica Panini Mix (including supplementary ingredients)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and flesh cut into 1-inch chunks
1 small cooking onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
1-inch piece gingerroot, peeled and diced
3 tbsp Patak’s Tikka Masla Paste
1 can (14oz) coconut milk
1 can (14oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
• Prepare the panini mix according to package instructions, then divide and form doughinto 6 to 8 even balls. Set aside.
• Set a large cast iron skillet over high heat, and oil and heat until shimmering, then add squash and cook until golden and caramelized on the outside, about 3 to 4 minutes.
• Reduce heat to medium, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
• Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute, then stir in coconut milk and black beans and bring mixture to a gentle simmer. Simmer until squash is fork-tender and sauce has begun to reduce, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepperand let cool slightly.
• Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350ºF.
• Slightly flatten reserved dough balls to form biscuits and dot on top of curried squash mixture, then set skillet in oven and bake until biscuits are golden and curry mixture is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
• Transfer skillet to wire rack and allow curry to rest for 10 minutes, then garnish with cilantro and serve.