Pea & Miso Soup with Zest Infused Whipped Cream
Make this recipe with me on the Dishing up Durham show! Watch Season 1 - Episode 19.
Featuring: Foggy River Farm Zest Dried Herb Blend
1/2 cup 35%MF cream
1 tbsp Foggy River Farm Zest Dried Herb Blend
● Place cream and dried herbs in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating to chill completely.
● Whip chilled cream to stiff peaks and season to taste with salt and pepper. Dollop on soups, pasta, roasted veg or pizza.
Pea & Miso Soup:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 tsp white miso paste
6 cups chicken broth
7 oz (200g) fresh snap peas
2 cups frozen sweet peas
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/2 cup diced pancetta
¼ cup Foggy River Farm Zest Infused Whipped Cream
● Preheat oven to 425°F.
● Add olive oil to a medium sized sauce pot over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in miso and cook for 2 minutes more.
● Stir in chicken broth and bring mixture to a simmer, then add snap peas and cook just until tender, about 3 minutes. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and cool slightly before blending mixture in a food processor, working in batches, if necessary.
● Pass soup through a fine mesh strainer if a silky-smooth texture is desired. Keep soup warm on low heat.
● Meanwhile, make frico by placing cheese on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a thin, even layer and baking until melted and just turning crisp, about 3 minutes, then remove and cool completely. Break frico into 4 pieces and set aside.
● In a small skillet over high heat, fry pancetta until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes, then transfer to plate and pat dry with paper towel.
● Top soup with pancetta, a dollop of whipped cream and a piece of frico and serve immediately.