Pan Seared Pork Chop glazed with Vanilla Bean Honey with Celery Root Slaw & Vanilla Bean Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Make this recipe with me on the Dishing up Durham show! Watch Season 1 - Episode 2.
Featuring: Villa Vida Loca Farm Vanilla Bean Honey
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Villa Vida Loca Farm Vanilla Bean Honey
2 tsp whole grain mustard
1 1/2 cups julienned celery root
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
● In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey and mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add celery root and parsley and toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
2 center cut, 1-inch thick, bone-in pork chops
2 tsp canola oil
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp Villa Vida Loca FVanilla Bean Honey
● Preheat oven 400°F.
● Pat chops dry with paper towel and season each side generously with salt and pepper.
● Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
● Once oil begins to smoke, add chops and sear for 3 minutes without moving them.
● Flip chops over, brush with honey, top each with a garlic clove and two thyme sprigs.
● Place skillet the oven and continue cooking chops until internal temperature reaches 150°F on an instant read thermometer, about 3 to 4 minutes. Rest chops 5 minutes before serving, topped with reserved slaw.