Prosciutto Wrapped Seared Scallops with Harvest Berry Preserve Pan Sauce
Make this recipe with me on the Dishing up Durham show! Watch Season 1 - Episode 4.
Featuring: Hurt Berry Farm Harvest Berry Preserve
6 diver scallops, size U10
3 thin slices of prosciutto, halved lengthwise
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp olive oil, divided
1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup Hurt Berry Farm Harvest Berry Preserve
Handful of fresh tarragon leaves
● Pat scallops dry with paper towel and season each side with salt and pepper.
● Lay a strip of prosciutto on work surface, lay a scallop sideways at one end and roll until prosciutto is completely secured around scallop. Repeat with remaining scallops and prosciutto strips.
● Place a cast iron skillet over high heat and add canola oil. Once the oil begins to smoke, add scallops and sear for 3 minutes, flip, and cook other side just until scallops begin to become firm, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a small plate.
● Meanwhile, reduce heat to medium-high, add 1 tsp olive oil and sliced garlic to skillet and cook until garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
● Add wine and, using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Reduce wine by half, stir in berry preserve, and cook until pan sauce has warmed through, about 1 minute.
● Serve scallops with pan sauce, fresh tarragon leaves and a drizzle of the remaining 1 tsp olive oil.