Hot Nashville Cauliflower Sandwich
Featuring: Tindall Farm & Market Cauliflower
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp pickling spice blend
1 tbsp salt
3 cups water
1 head Tindall’s Cauliflower, cut into 1-inch “steaks” (about 2 to 3)
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups panko bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying
3 tbsp Villa Vida Loca Pure Honey
1/2 tsp Hurt Berry Farm Gob Smacked
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp Hurt Berry Farm Viridescent
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Bread and butter pickles and brioche buns for serving
• Add garlic, pickling spice blend, salt and water into a large frying pan and bring mixture to a boil over high heat, then add cauliflower steaks and cook until barely fork tender, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, carefully transfer cauliflower steaks to a paper towel-lined plate and cool completely. Discard cooking water mixture.
• Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl whisk egg with 1 tbsp cold water. In another shallow bowl add flour, and in another add bread crumbs.
• Pat cooled cauliflower steaks dry with paper towel. Working with one steak at a time, dredge first in flour, shaking off any excess, then coat in egg mixture, then covercompletely in bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining cauliflower steak(s)
• Fill a frying pan with enough vegetable oil to come 2 inches up the side of the pan and place over high heat. Once the oil reaches 350ºF add cauliflower steaks, in batches if necessary, and fry until breading is deep golden brown and cauliflower is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer cauliflower steaks to a paper towel-lined plate and season generously with salt. Set aside.
• In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together honey, butter and Hurt Berry Farms Gob Smacked Hot Sauce to combine.
• In a small mixing bowl, whisk together Hurt Berry Farms Viridescent Hot Sauce and mayonnaise to combine.
• Quickly submerge each cauliflower steak in honey-butter mixture, set on bottom halfon brioche bun and garnish with pickles. Spread top half of bun with mayonnaise mixture and set on top. Repeat with remaining cauliflower steaks. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 to 3