Make this recipe with me on the Dishing up Durham show! Watch Season 1 - Episode 5.
Featuring: Pingle’s Farm Market Sourdough Starter Flakes and Demi-Glacé
1 tbsp Pingle’s Farm Market Sourdough Starter Flakes
1 pound (454g) fingerling potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 cup Pingle’s Farm Market Demi-Glacé
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbsp fresh sourdough starter (see note)
4 ounces (115g) assorted mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake, etc.)
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
3 ounces (90g) cheese curds (removed from the fridge 30 minutes before using)
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
● Place a cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 450°F.
● Place sourdough starter flakes in a coffee grinder or, alternatively, into a mortar and pestle and process into a fine powder.
● Cut fingerings in half lengthwise, toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and sourdough starter powder, and season with salt and pepper. Carefully remove skillet from oven, add potatoes flat side down, and roast for 30 minutes, turning potatoes over halfway through roasting time.
● Meanwhile, prepare gravy by whisking demi-glacé with water and fresh sourdough starter together in a small saucepan over high heat until sauce comes to a boil and thickens, then reduce heat to low and keep warm.
● Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil into a small skillet set over high heat, add mushrooms and sauté until no liquid remains and mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute more, then remove skillet from the heat.
● Place potatoes on a serving plate, top with mushrooms and cheese curds, pour warm gravy over top, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
● Sourdough flakes can be rehydrated and made into fresh sourdough starter. Simply follow the label instructions on the jar.