Featuring: James Family Farm, Archibald’s Orchard & Winery, Kawartha Dairy, Foggy River Farm and Pingle's Farm Market
1 James Family Farm boneless, skinless Pastured Chicken Breast
2 cups Archibald’s Orchard & Winery Ida Red Oak Aged Apple Wine
4 cloves of crushed garlic, divided
4 cups 3.25%MF Kawartha Dairy Milk
2 bay leaves
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 small onion, halved and peeled
1 tbsp Foggy River Farm Roast Dried Herb Blend
2 tbsp Pingle’s Farm Market Fresh Sourdough Starter
1 cup dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
2 cups frozen baby peas
1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
3/4 cup roasted unsalted shelled pistachios
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
1/4 cup olive oil
8 fresh lasagna sheets
3 cups grated mozzarella, divided
● Place chicken, wine, and two cloves of garlic in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until chicken easily pulls apart, about 35 minutes. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred into thin pieces. Place in a bowl and set aside.
● Place milk, remaining garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, onion, and dried herb blend in a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 45 minutes. Strain, discard solids, and return milk back to the pot, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Whisk together sourdough starter and 2 tbsp of cold water until smooth, then whisk into milk and cook until slightly thickened. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Squeeze mushrooms dry and stir into sauce along with peas. Set aside.
● Add 1/2 cup Parmiginano, pistachios, and mint leaves to a small food processor and pulse while slowly adding olive oil to create a pesto, then season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
● Preheat oven to 400°F.
● Add 1/2 cup of reserved sauce mixture to the bottom of an 8x12-inch baking dish and top with 1 lasagna sheet. Top lasagna sheet with another ladle of sauce mixture, a sprinkle of Parmigiano and mozzarella, a handful of shredded chicken, and dot with dollops of reserved pesto. Repeat with remaining lasagna sheets and ingredients, ending with a layer of sauce and cheeses on top.
● Set dish on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and bake until pasta is cooked and the top of the lasagna is golden brown and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
● Cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.